Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2020

Worth It...

I feel like there is still a lot for me to learn and get the hang of with this whole remote learning experience. 

  • There has to be a way to cut down on the amount of hours in the day that I review assignments sitting at my computer. 
  • There certainly must be a better approach to planning and making meaningful videos for lessons. 
  • Maybe one day all of the students will turn in their assignments, and I won't feel the urge to email the parents to remind them what is missing. (Should I still be doing that? Not sure...)

One thing that I will not give up to save time is providing feedback to students. I believe it is important to offer suggestions for items to fix in order to improve (just as I would do in the classroom). If everything is correct, the kids should know that too.

Of course, I am sure that there are some kids that submit and never look back at the comments. (That's just how things go sometimes.) 

But does that mean I should stop doing it?

No. I'm still their teacher. I am still trying my best and doing my part. I know most of the students (and their parents -thank you, parents!) are checking and making corrections... and so it is most definitely worth it.

What I did not know was just how much it means to some of them. I received this beautiful email from a parent today, and it made me smile. It was that little boost of encouragement that the time and the effort are worth it:


Worth it? Absolutely!


Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment