Here are a couple of books I have enjoyed recently:
1. The Lost Child of Philomena Lee (Martin Sixsmith)
I read this for a book club, and I really enjoyed it. Be aware, however, that this is a truly heart-wrenching story. It is long, but it goes quickly. The movie version is also good and informative too, but it tells the story from a different angle. (Plus, Judi Dench is always amazing!)
2. Little Fires Everywhere (Celeste Ng)
This one is a page-turner, and it is quite good. It is intense and beautiful and heart-breaking. I have started watching the mini series on Hulu, and it is well-done.
3. Everything I Never Told You (Celeste Ng)
I got on a little kick with books by this author, although I do not know of any others she has written. She really has an art for storytelling. This one was another intense, emotional page-turner.
4. Sixty Eight Rooms - Stealing Magic (Marianne Malone)
This is a young adult book and the second in a series that my sister got me started reading. All of the books take place in Chicago, where two kids go on adventures into the Thorne Miniature Rooms of the Art Institute. It is really creative and well done. The author definitely has a good imagination, and it is evident that she did her research on the rooms.
Up next - The Japanese Lover (Isabel Allende)
This is another story for book club. I enjoy being part of this group because we usually decide on books I wouldn't normally pick up on my own but that I also end up thoroughly enjoying. I will let you know how it is.
Happy Reading!
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment