While I see some people's points that it's not the best to be confined to our homes, I think those people are missing the point...
We are choosing to stay home for the good of the collective whole.
We are choosing to sacrifice small pleasures (haircuts, manicures, gym workouts) for the safety of others.
We still have a lot. We still are blessed.
We have not been asked to give up our lives for our country... and so on this Memorial Day, I want to hold in prayer all those who have sacrificed so much more - their very livelihoods - for the good of the whole. Thank you to all of those who were called to make the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you to their families, who have made countless sacrifices as well.
I am borrowing this prayer from the USCCB website:
God of power and mercy,
you destroy war and put down earthly pride.
Banish violence from our midst and wipe away our tears,
that we may all deserve to be called your sons and daughters.
Keep in your mercy those men and women
who have died in the cause of freedom
and bring them safely
into your kingdom of justice and peace.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord,
Amen.
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment