The end of the school year is always a mix of emotions...
Excitement for a break from school.
Sadness for saying goodbye to my current class of students.
Joy for relaxation and more time with family and friends.
Anxiety for looking ahead already to the next school year.
This year I cannot even put into words how the end of school is making me feel.
I am excited for a break from school...
but what am I going to do to fill my days this summer?
and won't my eyes rejoice with not having to stare at a screen all day?
Waves of sadness hit me at random times...
right before bed
in the middle of a Zoom while I'm staring at my kiddos' smiles
while I'm composing an email to a colleague
when I'm scrolling through pictures I'm putting together for a slide show
There is joy for relaxation, but not for extra time with family and friends...
Outings to the city? Probably not.
Family time in Michigan? I'm still hoping but not holding my breath.
Anxiety is ever-present, but with a new intensity...
Will we be back in the building in the fall?
How can we support our students better?
What can I do for the students who are not turning in any work?
What will the future of our schools look like?
Emotional roller coaster, here I am. I'm bracing myself for the ups and downs, taking deep breaths, and trying to go one step at a time.
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment