These past few weeks I have been serving as a mentor for a couple of incoming ACE teaching fellows. Today as we debriefed their observations of our Zoom calls and the resources I shared, they thanked me for letting them learn so much. (Trust me, it has been just as much of a learning experience for me!) They also asked very thoughtful questions, some of which I didn't have answers to, as I am trying to figure them out myself still (mostly regarding the possibility of online schooling in the Fall).
One question (among a few) that stuck out more than the others was how to form connections online.
That is a good question... which leads me to think...
How do we best form connections virtually?
How do we set up routines that create a safe environment?
How do we share our enthusiasm through screens?
How do we connect within and between subjects and assignments so that they are not just seemingly endless "to do" lists that we can check off?
How do we create a sense of purpose and urgency?
I may have mentioned this before, but I have started a running list of these sorts of questions/problems in a Google Doc. On that list I have also included some ideas for solutions. Everything will look different if we end up with school online... so the question is:
How do we make it a good different?
If you find the answer, will you please let me know? ;)
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment