I asked to take a personal day from school. (The conference is on a Saturday, but I wanted to allow for travel and some visiting on Friday.) I contacted a couple friends who live in the Detroit area in the hopes of meeting up with them. I was all set...
As you may have guessed, the conference is not going to be held in Detroit. Like so many things, we will attend the meeting on Zoom. (I told my assistant principal I didn't need the Friday before off anymore...)
And while it might not be the best it could be, I do believe it will be the next best thing. The email communications leading up to this have been informative and energetic. This woman has now given several of her PD sessions online, and I have seen lots of positive feedback. So, needless to say, I am very much still looking forward to this PD in my PJs. (We are starting at 8:30 EST, so that means an even earlier start for those of us in the Midwest.) I will have coffee and notebook in hand... and I will be ready to fill my brain with all sorts of reading strategies.
While it's not the most entertaining of weekend plans, let's be honest - what else would I be doing at this time during quarantine? (probably doing schoolwork and/or watching TV and/or reading a book)
Happy Friday! Happy weekend! Have a blessed Mother's Day, all you mothers out there.
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment