Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

You May Never Know...

We wrapped up the 2019-2020 school year back in the beginning of June, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened my email and saw this message from a parent this afternoon:


I had a feeling that I didn't totally bomb as a teacher virtually, but this kind message was incredibly reassuring, and it even brought tears to my eyes. Our teachers (along with so many others out there!) worked so hard to navigate the remote learning. We were building the plane as we were flying it, and somehow we managed to make a smooth(ish) landing.

I hope and pray that school resumes in person in the fall (knock on wood - it is looking that way so far) because the kids (and teachers) need the human interactions. We need to come together to build our classroom community and to establish our rules and procedures.

We shall see what happens...


Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment