I really enjoy the music of the movie. There are several excellent songs, but my brain keeps bringing me back to "Into the Unknown", especially as I spend my days reading about and brainstorming for what the new school year might look like in the fall.
Certain lines jump out - especially since I can take them out of context...
There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day and ignore your whispers that I wish would go away...
Oh how sweet it would be to blissfully ignore the questions hanging over all of our heads right now. What will the school year look like? What activities/procedures/"best practices" will I have to scrap or change?
I've had my adventure, I don't need something new. I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow you...
There are health risks, sure, with being in the classroom every day with children. No matter how hard we try, I guarantee implementing social distancing practices will be tricky and will probably not always be successful. (Lots of planning still to do on that front...) Even more than the health risks, there are risks of compromising some of my teaching integrity. How do I resolve my cognitive dissonance when I know kids need to move but also cannot get out of their desks, when they should be turning and talking with their neighbor but also not getting close enough to speak to someone in a whisper voice?
What do you want? 'Cause you've been keeping me awake? Are you hear to distract me so I make a big mistake?
Sleepless nights, I've had a few... and I'm sure there are more to come. Every decision will have consequences - be they good or be they bad. There's a lot riding on the reopening of schools...
Of course, now that the song is in your head, I insist you take a couple of minutes to enjoy... ;)
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment