Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Classroom Cleanup...



Today I spent a few hours in my classroom...

I took down the bulletin boards and wall signs, boxed up loose items, labeled furniture with my room number, organized books, and peeled blue painters tape off the ground and dry erase boards.

It was odd to pack up the classroom this year. It felt like reading the last page of a novel after having missed a large chunk of the book.

Yet, there I was... and it was goodbye to another school year - my twelfth year as a teacher (if I calculated correctly) - and it was a year I will never forget...

the year with no goodbye hugs...
the year of online learning and Zoom meetings...
the year of being in the building 2/3 of the allotted days...

the year of pivoting...
the year of flexibility...
the year of determination...

And we will pick ourselves back up in the Fall (whatever that may look like)... and we will be just fine.


Cheers to the end of the 2019-2020 School Year! We made it. :)


Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment