Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Not the Same...

Happy Sunday!

(Yes, I know what day it is today... small victories, right?)

Sunday means virtual Mass in our house. I am beyond grateful for technology to be able to broadcast Masses to all of us in our homes during this time of quarantine.

Although I do have to say, I am finding it much harder to focus when I watch Mass on a screen. Is it just me?

Do I stand and sit and kneel? (I probably should.)
Shall I dress up? (Again, I probably should, but I definitely did not today.)
Do I sing and say the responses? (Yes- I finally did something right!)

I honestly do not know how to get in the right mindset for Mass on the comfort of my couch. The struggle is real... but I will keep trying to improve with each passing week.


On a slightly different (but still related) note: I miss receiving the Eucharist. I am also sad that my 2nd graders will have to wait until a later time (still undetermined) to receive their First Communion. In the meantime, there is comfort in the words of the Act of Spiritual Communion Prayer, and I will leave you with that for today:

Act of Spiritual Communion Prayer Poster {FREEBIE} | TpT


Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment