The big question - How is this going to work?
Answer - Who knows? We will have to take things one step at a time and see...
What can I do in the meantime to mentally prepare for the school year?
1. Take a bit of a break - it is summer after all, and this big period of relaxation will only be a fond memory soon enough...
2. Plan some rough ideas of what the first week of school can look like as far as activities go - I enjoy planning, so I have had some fun looking through books, making changes from previous year plans, and coming up with new ideas.
I can't worry about the safety measures just yet - our school will let us know what we need to do on that front, so rather than worry about what I can't control, I'll look at what I can control. Here's a rough list of books and activities to include during that first week... Have I ever done a lesson on the purpose of a mask and its safety? No... and that's ok. There's always room to grow:
*note: These links are not active, as this is a screen shot. ;)
There will be a bigger focus on our class as a community/family, growth mindset, and safety... but I'm also leaving in the lessons on tattle vs. tell, a bug and a wish (for when someone bothers you), and illustrations of our class rules.
Praying for the upcoming year, my incoming class, and the safety of everyone across the country facing these same challenges.
Safety first. Academics might have more of a backseat than they've had in the past, but we're going to all do our best to keep the kiddos learning.
Stay healthy. Stay safe. Be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment